A home espresso machine is a great investment for anyone who really loves to drink coffee. Espressos are a lot healthier drink than coffee too. In fact, espresso drinks have half the amount of caffeine in them compared to a cup of coffee.
So, by drinking espressos you’re living a healthier lifestyle.
Not only can an espresso machine make espresso drinks, but many products also allow you to create lattes and cappuccinos too. This makes this device a great purchase for someone who wants to enjoy Starbucks type of coffee drinks for a fraction of the cost.
You’ll find that you save a lot of money by having an espresso maker in your home or apartment while feeling healthier too. You’ll be able to enjoy more drinks without having to break the bank. It’s also a fun thing to do – being a home barista!
Let us share with you some common things to look for when trying to find the right machine for your home.
The Best Machine Under $100
When you’re trying to find the right espresso machine for your place, you have really two options:
- Buy one that costs less than $100
- Buy one that costs less than $500
These two price options are really the range you’ll find in the espresso maker market. You can find the best espresso machine under $100 available here. But, some things you want to keep in mind when buying a product are:
- Is it pump-driven? Make sure it is since this produces true espresso. A steam-driven device is inferior and will not produce real espresso.
- Does it offer more than a single shot? Try to get one that does because you’ll soon discover that single shots of espresso only is a very limiting option
- Can it froth milk? You’ll want a milk frothing wand on the espresso machine so that you can create lattes and cappuccinos. Without one, your options are limited to just straight espresso.
There are many options for your to purchase under $100, but you will find that you won’t get very many automatic settings. You’ll have to control a lot of the brewing process yourself through manual operation.
The Best Machine Under $500
Once your budget can go up to $500 you’ll really be able to get a machine that has a lot of bells and whistles. Take a look at the best espresso machine under $500 here. Things you want to consider when buying a product at this point include:
- Does it self-clean? A self-cleaning option is a must have because it takes all of the work out of having to dismantle the machine to properly clean it.
- Does it have a bean grinder? On board bean grinders are nice because it can take the coffee from bean to cup without you having to get involved and grind the beans yourself.
- Does it have an on board milk container? Having a milk container on the product will allow you to create lattes and cappuccinos at the touch of the button without having to manually froth the milk and pour it into the espresso yourself. This saves time and messy clean ups!
A great website that is dedicated to espresso machines is David and Max’s Free Guide on Espresso and Cappuccino Makers. Check it out when you get a chance and see for yourself what types of products you can buy at any price.